Tuesday, January 20, 2009

With "out" Water

"Out" has always been a disgraced word in the dictionary.Its usage is always succeeded by dejection which instills a sense of helplessness in an individual forcing him to give up. Any amount of adorning with the help of prefixes have not salvaged its tarnished image. Now a little thought about the prefix "With". It portrays power,reassuarance that every thing is alright .Look at this example "I am the most happiest with you". Now try suffixing the same with an "Out". Lets get back to the example." I am the most happiest with out you". Enough of prologue, now straight to the topic..
"Depressed" would be the word to best describe my mood as I walk into my apartment after a tired day at office to find the pipes running dry the second consecutive day. This emotion was soon over come with anger, frustation and I had to just call up my husband, my emotional sink, at his office. Not giving him any room to speak I just bursted out "Theres no water at home, what am I supposed to do". I had told you many times to store water in the bucket, you never did that..blah blah.." My husband waited for me to complete and patiently (I do not know how he managed that) to call the complaint cell in the apartment complex. Now my anger increased two fold when I was not able to get through them after repeated attempts.

Cursed I the moments I had allowed water to flow continuously , while cleaning dishes, washing. I wish I had saved every drop.I was fuming by now.Thats when I realised I had just checked at one of the bathooms for water. I immediately rushed to kitchen sink and lo I was greeted by running water.I checked the rest of the taps and all tested positive. Now I had started regaining my lost mind. I quickly went to the bathroom I had checked initially. The taps were still dry. Thats when a sudden brain wave stuck me. I had in fact turned off the main water supply valve in the bathroom anticipating that in case water comes, and in case the taps are open the apartment can be flooded.I am not sure when I can have an action replay of my child like glee as I started opening the valve and water started gushing out of the pipes.
But at the same time I did I hear something ringing in my ear
"Presence of mind any day, Keeps your BP at bay":-))

2 comments:

whoami said...

A bit of advice for you:-
Check the valve of your pipe when there is no water
And learn to act and not overreact on any matter!!!

Nanditha Prabhu said...

do you have this water problem in banglore too.....
many a times in chennai .... we have stepped into our flooded apartment complex...the result of trying to be careful while leaving home... by turning the valve in the opposite direction....
...